Roc the Holiday With These Local Gifts.
A-Listers are a busy bunch, so this year, A-List has compiled the ultimate holiday gift guide. Surprise your friends and family with presents we handpicked just for them from some of Rochester’s best local shops. From gifts for the foodie, the fashionista, and the little ones in your life to the hard to shop for person who has everything, here is the 2014 #shoplocalroc gift guide. #Roc the Holiday!
We put together the ultimate holiday gift guide with gifts for the women in your life – your daughter, mother, wife, secret santa, and girlfriends.
Gift Guides by Category:
Gifts for Her
1. Get her a pair of Vineyard Vines PJ Pants from Ruffles Boutique for cozy winter nights. 100% cotton or flannel, garment washed for extra softness. $55 or $59.50 (for flannel) at Ruffles in Brighton. Free gift with any purchase at Ruffles while supplies last when you mention #shoplocalroc.
2. Give her the gift of healthy, beautiful skin with a Gift Card for an AE Spa facial. Owner Andrea Sands and her team specialize in skincare and have a reputation for satisfied repeat customers. There is a menu of services to choose from or opt for a gift card so she can choose her own. The December Glo Therapeutics Peppermint Sugar Cookie Facial sounds heavenly, or one of the youth inducing, hydrating, or one customized just for her (or you). All AE Spa facials are blissful and relaxing with plenty of massage time built in. It’s a true indulgence. Our beauty editor checked it out first hand and has been raving about it ever since. For every $50 in Gift Cards you purchase from December 1 – December 31 your name (or the person you are buying a gift for) will be entered to win a Free Year of Services! (Free Year up to $700.) Buy at the spa, by phone or online.
3. Personalize your gift with this gorgeous Initial Necklace from Shop Peppermint on Park Ave. Make a loved one feel extra special this season with a symbolic representation of their name or the name of those they hold near and dear to their heart! This dainty necklace is composed of a gold plated mini Capital letter that slides freely along a delicate gold plated chain that closes with a spring ring closure. This is the perfect* everyday necklace – and looks amazing layered! The length in the picture is 16″. Available in-store and on-line. Free shipping within the U.S. $14.
3. A Spa delivery. Send a masseuse or esthetician to a lucky loved one’s home for an ultimate (and convenient) pampering session. A one hour massage or facial on a heated massage bed delivered is $110. Or a Signature Pedicure with warming oils and hot towels is $57 delivered from Spa Events NY. Save 10% A-Listers when you mention #shoplocalroc on all services booked as holiday gifts this season.
4. Tickets to a Live Performance. Whether it’s fresh family entertainment and musicals, world-class dance, spellbinding magic, or authentic international performances, Nazareth College Arts Center has something for everyone. The Subscription Series includes several shows to choose from each month through May, including The Capitol Steps’ politically based comedy on New Year’s Eve, Rochester City Ballet’s Peter and the Wolf, and Bessie Award-winning Jessica Lang Dance. Order online or by phone (585)-389-2170; Box Office hours: Monday–Friday, 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
5. Something art inspired from the MAG Gallery Store. Artist Jake Martin (work shown) is one of several local artists featuring original pieces. Jake’s work includes pins, earrings and necklaces ranging in price from $30 – $300. The MAG Gallery Store is now open 7 days a week through Christmas Eve at 3 pm. Shop online anytime. Can’t choose? Pick up a gift card that can be used anywhere at MAG.
6. A specialty food basket from Rosario Pinos. Make your own or buy a custom gift basket with premium extra virgin olive oils, balsamic vinegar, artisan pastas, sauces and more. They have a selection of truffle products that cannot be found elsewhere and high end Italian specialties such as Panettone, Torrone, premium imported condiments and fine imported cheeses. Buyers can have baskets created to their tastes and price preferences. Other items include gift cards to be used for classes, chef tables and all products within the store.
7. Pamper her, Spoil her, Give her the gift of her own beauty team. If she likes to be pampered (and lets face it, who doesn’t!), send her to Allora Salon and Spa for some blissful relaxation. Holiday packages offer more for your money or select the treatment she’d like best. This spa just seems to do everything right- state of the art equipment from reclining comfortable hair washing stations, to massaging pedicure chairs, products, crave worthy seasonal treatments, you can even book your appointments online which is rather convenient. The beauty team is what takes a visit to the spa to the next level of bliss (or beauty) and their loyal clients prove this point with the rave reviews on their facebook page. Purchase online, in person or by phone (585) 869-9010.
8. A personalized name necklace custom made for her from My Dragonfly Jewelry. The discs can be Silver, Brass, Copper or any combination of these metals with any name you choose. Add a crystal of any color (birthstone), a pearl or charm. $45 with Silver chain. Purchase on My Dragonfly Jewelry’s Etsy Shop.
Want more local gift ideas for her? View Gifts for Everyone on Your List
#Roc the holiday