Roc the Holiday With These Local Gifts.
A-Listers are a busy bunch, so this year, A-List has compiled the ultimate holiday gift guide. Surprise your friends and family with presents we handpicked just for them from some of Rochester’s best local shops. From gifts for the foodie, the fashionista, and the little ones in your life to the hard to shop for person who has everything, here is the 2014 #shoplocalroc gift guide. #Roc the Holiday!
Gift Guides by category:
Gifts For Everyone On Your List
We’re adding 5 new gifts each Wednesday starting November 26th.
23. Rohrbachs is Rochester’s first craft brewery and a Rochester favorite for good reason. For the beer lover on your gift list, pick up one of these great gifts at either the Railroad St. Brewery or the Buffalo Rd. Restaurant location. The Classic Can Glass Set includes four can-shaped glasses featuring Rohrbach Classic Can Line beers. $19. The Growler Gift Set includes two pilsner glasses, an empty growler, and a gift card for the recipient to redeem one fill of their choice. $25.
22. A PGA microfiber polo shirt from Chili Golf & Country Club. And at this price, get several. This gift will be a hit for the golfer on your list. $15.99 each, 2/$25. The Pro Shop is open 7 days a week for the holidays.
21. A pair of premium, impeccably tailored, soft-to-the-touch Naked Boxers from Devil May Care. For him it’s like wearing nothing at all, and as a bonus you’ll get the gift of being spared the sight of his penguin boxers that he’s had since high school. $34 per pair and available for purchase at Devil May Care on Park Avenue, or online.
20. Two pint glasses, a grumbler and fill for $22 at ROC Brewing Company. Finally, a secret santa gift that someone will not have fake excitement for! Stop by ROC Brewing Company at 56 North Union Street and choose from local brews like a hearty Oatmeal Stout or smooth Dark Mild or better yet gift this gift unfilled, and it comes with a certificate for the recipient to fill and choose their own brew. A grumbler is not a growler which is larger but thats a story for another day. Your beer lover will love this thoughtful gift.
19. Furoshiki brought us the Ramen revolution bringing Rochester a fresh twist on noodle dishes. They are offering two gift packages. For a much needed pause in your gift buying journeys around town, enjoy a free glass of wine with each gift certificate purchase of $20 or more.
Gift card offer #2: One hour free for the American Idol wannabe at Henrietta’s newest entertainment complex- Revolution Karaoke; opening in the new year, at 382 Jefferson Rd, Henrietta. With all gift certificate purchases of $50 they’ll add one hour of free time in one of the private karaoke party rooms. Purchase this gift at Furoshiki.
18. Get the skier or snowboarder an 8-hour lift ticket, good for any day, all season long at nearby Holiday Valley in Ellicottville, NY. Holiday Valley boasts 13 lifts, 58 slopes and trails, 3 base lodges, two hotels, a golf course, pools, aerial park, mountain coaster and numerous amenities. The resort has become a leader in the ski industry and ranks among the favorites of skiers in the East. $68 for adults and $54 for kids age 7-11. Kids 6 and under are free! Purchase online.
17. For the eco conscious person on your list, get thema unique item selected by you from Panache Vintage and Finer Consignment, or Panache Home & Design in the Brighton Commons. Pick up designer brand items (think Gucci, Keneth Cole, Jimmy Choo, Brian Atwood). The Home store has candle holders, glassware, shelves, chairs, pillows and so much more.
16. A personalized name necklace custom made for her from My Dragonfly Jewelry. The discs can be Silver, Brass, Copper or any combination of these metals with any name you choose. Add a crystal of any color (birthstone), a pearl or charm. $45 with Silver chain. Purchase on My Dragonfly Jewelry’s Etsy Shop.
15. Get her a pair of Vineyard Vines PJ Pants from Ruffles Boutique for cozy winter nights. 100% cotton or flannel, garment washed for extra softness. $55 or $59.50 (for flannel) at Ruffles in Brighton. Free gift with any purchase at Ruffles while supplies last when you mention #shoplocalroc.
14. Give her the gift of healthy, beautiful skin with a Gift Card for an AE Spa facial. Owner Andrea Sands and her team specialize in skincare and have a reputation for satisfied repeat customers. There is a menu of services to choose from or opt for a gift card so she can choose her own. The December Glo Therapeutics Peppermint Sugar Cookie Facial sounds heavenly, or one of the youth inducing, hydrating, or one customized just for her (or you). All AE Spa facials are blissful and relaxing with plenty of massage time built in. It’s a true indulgence. Our beauty editor checked it out first hand and has been raving about it ever since. For every $50 in Gift Cards you purchase from December 1 – December 31 your name (or the person you are buying a gift for) will be entered to win a Free Year of Services! (Free Year up to $700.) Buy at the spa, by phone or online.
13. Tickets to a Live Performance. Whether it’s fresh family entertainment and musicals, world-class dance, spellbinding magic, or authentic international performances, Nazareth College Arts Center has something for everyone. The Subscription Series includes several shows to choose from each month through May, including The Capitol Steps’ politically based comedy on New Year’s Eve, Rochester City Ballet’s Peter and the Wolf, and Bessie Award-winning Jessica Lang Dance. Order online or by phone (585)-389-2170; Box Office hours: Monday–Friday, 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
12. Something art inspired from the MAG Gallery Store. Artist Jake Martin (work shown) is one of several local artists featuring original pieces. Jake’s work includes pins, earrings and necklaces ranging in price from $30 – $300. The MAG Gallery Store is now open 7 days a week through Christmas Eve at 3 pm. Shop online anytime. Can’t choose? Pick up a gift card that can be used anywhere at MAG.
11. Pamper her, Spoil her, Give her the gift of her own beauty team. If she likes to be pampered (and lets face it, who doesn’t!), send her to Allora Salon and Spa for some blissful relaxation. Holiday packages offer more for your money or select the treatment she’d like best. This spa just seems to do everything right- state of the art equipment from reclining comfortable hair washing stations, to massaging pedicure chairs, products, crave worthy seasonal treatments, you can even book your appointments online which is rather convenient. The beauty team is what takes a visit to the spa to the next level of bliss (or beauty) and their loyal clients prove this point with the rave reviews on their facebook page. Purchase online, in person or by phone (585) 869-9010.
10. A Spa delivery. Send a masseuse or esthetician to a lucky loved one’s home for an ultimate (and convenient) pampering session. A one hour massage or facial on a heated massage bed delivered is $110. Or a Signature Pedicure with warming oils and hot towels is $57 delivered from Spa Events NY. Save 10% A-Listers when you mention #shoplocalroc on all services booked as holiday gifts this season.
9. E-Tip Glove from The North Face Store. Stay connected while you’re outside and on-the-go with this touch-screen compatible, four-way stretch fleece glove. Full palm conductivity allows you to use your touchscreen without removing your gloves and exposing your hands in cool conditions. The E-Tip comes in a variety of colors for men, women and kids. Retails for $45.00 for adults and $40.00 for kids.
7. Amerks Holiday Hat Trick Pack For the hockey fan, this gift includes Two Tickets valid for the Amerks game on Sat, Jan 10th, Four Ticket Vouchers valid for any 2014-15 Amerks game at the Blue Cross Arena, and One Amerks Knit Hat. $59 (Value $162). Available at the box office and online.
6. Personalize your gift with this gorgeous initial necklace from Shop Peppermint on Park Ave. Make a loved one feel extra special this season with a symbolic representation of their name or the name of those they hold near and dear to their heart! This dainty necklace is composed of a gold plated mini Capital letter that slides freely along a delicate gold plated chain that closes with a spring ring closure. This is the perfect* everyday necklace – and looks amazing layered! The length in the picture is 16″. Available in-store and on-line. Free shipping within the U.S. $14.
5. Izola’s stainless steel “salut” flask fits the drinking theme. As a time-honored accessory to men of all different cultures and social classes, the flask has proven itself to be a necessity of the times and we guarantee it’s a prime gift that fits any occasion. Salut! Available at Thread in the South Wedge. $29.
4. Rochester Public Market Cookbook Bringing the Market Home is a veritable feast of delicious seasonal recipes shared by farmers, vendors, shoppers and renowned local chefs. Uniquely flavoring the book are the stories and images that highlight the “Market Experience” – the joy of fresh local produce, meeting the farmers who grow our food, and then preparing and sharing those foods with friends and family. Available at Zak’s Avenue in the South Wedge. $25.
3. The Perfect Hostess Gift – a unique and beautiful holiday arrangement from Stacy K Floral. The design team at Stacy K can help you create something perfectly suited for the occasion. Stacy K also has a new jewelry line with natural stones, as well as hats, hand bags, and other gift items. You can shop online or stop into their shop on Park Ave.
2. An array of items for the foodie or gourmand on your list from Rosario Pinos. Make your own or buy a custom gift basket with premium extra virgin olive oils, balsamic vinegar, artisan pastas, sauces and more. They have a selection of truffle products that cannot be found elsewhere and high end Italian specialties such as Panettone, Torrone, premium imported condiments and fine imported cheeses. Buyers can have baskets created to their tastes and price preferences. Other items include gift cards to be used for classes, chef tables and all products within the store.
1. An assortment of mini desserts from Pudgy Girl Bakery. A good hostess gift should be for the host or hostess themselves to enjoy after the guests depart, not something to contribute to the overall spread. Everything is vegan and delicious. Most items are gluten free. A 1/2 dozen of truffles for $15.00 (variety pack) and/or a 4 cheesecake sampler for $15.00. Order by phone (585) 203-2894 or email email@example.com
#roc the holiday